A cordless or a battery powered lawn edger with blade is one of the most essential garden tools you should have. Like other types of lawn edgers, cordless edgers work by creating a well-defined line across your lawn, keeping overgrown grass from getting into your walkway or driveway.
Unlike manual lawn edgers, battery powered edgers operate faster and require lesser effort. Cordless edgers are also more convenient than corded edgers. These edgers, when featured with blades, are able to cut through grass patches.
When choosing a cordless unit, it is best to select one that works with a Lithium Ion battery. This enables the edger to operate longer especially if you have a huge lawn. Lithium ion batteries charge faster than other battery types.
As a rule, a lawn edger should be durable, easy to use, and equipped with powerful specifications. Continue reading this review and discover the best battery powered lawn edger with blade for your landscaping needs.
Ideal for clearing driveways
Good to use even for older people as it’s lightweight weighing in at only 4.5 pounds, this edger prevents back strain when used for hours.
Comes with an extra battery
The battery lasts for about 45 minutes but it comes with an extra battery so you are good to go for around 90 minutes.
Cutting width of 1000 inches
The BLACK+DECKER battery powered lawn edger comes with a traditional charger that’s able to fully charge batteries in 45 minutes. This brief charging time helps you maximize your landscaping in a single day.
For a more organized workspace, You won’t be worrying about misplacing the charger even when you’re in a hurry.
20V 2.0 Ah Lithium-Ion Battery
Lithium ion batteries typically charge faster than other battery types. 100% functional after a short charging time, there’s no reason for you to worry about losing power – especially if you have a spare battery with you.
- Sweeper is ideal for clearing driveways, sidewalks, decks, garages
- String trimmer features automatic feed Spool; no bumping required
- Lightweight design, low noise levels
- (2) 20 Volt max Lithium Ion 1.5Ah batteries. Nominal voltage is 18
- String trimmer has lightweight design of only 4.5 pounds. Sweeper has lightweight design of only 3.7 pounds
Worx WG170.3 GT Revolution 20V PowerShare 12″ Grass Trimmer/Edger/Mini Mower 4.0Ah Battery and Charger Included, Black and Orange
This cordless gardening tool is a 3 in 1 combination of a grass trimmer, wheeled in line edger and mini mower. But for lawn edging purposes, let us focus on what its edger offers.
Lightweight, Easy to Maneuver
At less than 7 lbs, and running on a 20V battery, you can take the GT Revolution wherever your trimming, edging, and mini-mowing needs take you with ease.
Self-supported with twin, perfectly balanced wheels that make precise results simple when edging.
Ergonomic 7-position handle for easy handling and comfort.
- [3-in-1] The GT is a trimmer, wheeled in-line edger, and mini-mower. It saves you time (it converts in seconds) and money (you don’t have to buy 3 separate tools)
- [COMMAND FEED] The innovative push-button spool system feeds line when you need it. No bumping needed. Just press the button, and keep trimming
- [TELESCOPIC SHAFT] Slide it open or closed to accommodate taller or shorter users, and the seven-position adjustable handle lets you find a grip that works for you
- [EDGING WHEELS] Twin rubber wheels keep the edger smooth and steady, giving you straighter lines with less resistance
- [DO IT ALL WITH THE SAME BATTERY] Do it all with WORX Power Share, the only cordless tool platform that uses the same battery to power 20V and 40V tools
- [90° HEAD & FLOWER GUARD] The cutting-head pivots so you can get into hard-to-reach places and trim and mow on sloped land without a problem. Trim up close to plants and flowers and other valuable landscaping features without worrying about nicking them
- [WHAT’S INCLUDED] GT Revolution 3-in-1 Trimmer, 1 20V 4.0Ah Power Share Battery, 20V Battery Quick Charger, Support Wheels, 3 Trimmer Spools, and Spool Holder
- Power Source Type: Battery Powered
Click Here: To see what others are saying about the Worx WG170.3 GT Revolution 20V PowerShare 12″
GreenWorks G-24 System offers versatility with a range of tools to choose from to get the job done with outdoor and indoor tools for all your DIY Projects. Whether it is getting the deck Completed or getting your yard in pristine shape, the G-24 System has a tool for every project. From trimmers, chainsaw, pole saw and sweepers to drills, compressors and handheld circular saws, this system is quickly becoming the most versatile system for the suburban Home. Compatible Battery and Charger Models include, Model 29842 and 29862. GreenWorks 21342 G24 Lithium-ion Cordless 12 inch String Trimmer with 2.0AH Battery and Charger. For best results, your battery tool should be charged in a location where the temperature is more than 45 degree Fahrenheit but less than 104 degree Fahrenheit.
When attached to its power handle, you can make handle adjustments for comfort.
- Pivoting head allows for edging and trimming capability with edging wheel
- Electric start eliminates gas hassle, less maintenance and zero fumes; Handle type: Wrap around
- 12 inch cut path with .065 single line auto feed for easy line advance
- Shaft length (inch): 40 inch compatible GreenWorks replacement spool, model 29252 and 29092
- Battery and charger included; Compatible battery models 29842 and 29852 and charger 29862; Drive shaft type: Telescoping
Selecting the best battery powered lawn edger with blade doesn’t have to be difficult. You simply have to choose one that is able to cover a large area. Since cordless lawn edgers do not require manual operation, they tidy up the edges of your lawn faster and more efficiently than manual edgers. You just have to charge a cordless edger constantly especially when you use it on a regular basis. A spare battery can come in handy.
These edgers have adjustable shafts and handles that ensure proper body mechanics. Make sure to purchase cordless edgers that run on Lithium Ion batteries and also those that feature durable blades.