Some Handicap Gardening Tools
Gardening is a worthwhile activity that everybody deserves to enjoy. There are many handicaps/disabilities people have, and this should not hold anyone back from getting out into the garden and doing what they love. These handicaps, be they physical disabilities, old age or injuries, should not stop anyone as there are some great assitive tools on the market. While these people may feel limited and restricted with their condition, gardening offers them the opportunity to be free. It relaxes the mind, exercises the muscles, and promotes socialization when done in a group.
However, disabled people need special gardening tools for them to do the work easier. Unlike other people, disabled persons can experience pain even with the simple act of bending down. Other people can consider themselves lucky because they can weed and plant without having a second thought.
The good news is, there are some handicap gardening tools that can help disabled people transform their gardening experiences. With the availability of these special products, there won’t be any reason why handicapped persons cannot reap the benefits of gardening.
Below, I have compiled some handicap gardening tools – the best ones on the market. If you are handicapped or have loved ones with physical limitations, this brief review will help you pick the right ones for successful gardening and minimize physical pain, enhance activity and bring new hope to hurting individuals.
Easi Grip Garden Tools Set of 3 (Easi Grip Fork + Easi Grip Trowel + Easi Grip Cultivator)
- Easi Grip Fork – This grip fork is used to break up clods or compacted soil, lift up shrubs, and displace soil.
- Easi Grip Trowel – This trowel has a pointed blade at its tip. It is used for digging soil, planting, and weeding.
- Easi Grip Cultivator – This cultivator works like a plow. It breaks up soil and digs rows for vegetable beds. It also breaks up clods.
Stainless Steel Metal
The abovementioned tools are made of 100% stainless steel metal which is known to be durable and rust-free. Stainless steel also prevents soil from sticking to the tools. This allows for easier cleaning.
Comfortable, Pain-Free Handles
The handles are angled in a way that ensures comfort to handicapped users. They are also non-slip which allows for more control when gardening.
Each tool only weighs half a pound. Super light in weight, every item does not cause strain when used for longer periods of time.
The tools are colored green and yellow which make them highly visible for people with limited vision.Click Here: to see what others are saying about the Easi Grip Garden Tools Set of 3
Easi Grip Long Reach Garden Tools Set of 4
Another Easi Grip product on the list, this set of 4 Long Reach tools have an ergonomic design, allowing the hand and wrist to hold them in a neutral postion. The added length allows gardening while sitting.
Included in the set:
- Easi Grip Long Reach Fork
- Easi Grip Long ReachTrowel
- Easi Grip Long Reach Cultivator
- Easi Grip Long Reach Hoe
Lightweight and strong. Stainless steel tools, with sturdy plastic handles. Colors: Green and yellow handles.
Light digging and cultivating soil.Click Here: To see the Easi Grip Long Reach Garden Tools Set on Amazon
Corona LR 3460 Long Reach Cut ‘n’ Hold Bypass Pruner, 1/2″ Cut
The Corona LR3460 Long Reach Cut’n’Hold Bypass Pruner makes it easy to make precision cuts in hard to reach places. Like thorny plants, climbing roses… this bypass pruner cuts up to one half inch branches in diameter. Comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Cut and Hold feature, holds the stem until you release it.
- High carbon steel replaceable blade, PTFE non-stick coated to making cutting easier.
- Lightweight aluminum handle, providing balance.
- Low-profile thumb lock is easy to use.
- Ergonomic co-molded handles for more comfort.
- Hi carbon steel blade and hook are fully heat treated.
- 46in with 1/2 inch cutting capacity.
RoboHandle Ergonomic Tool
The Robo Handle is an ergonomic tool handle for people who have problems with gripping the handle of a rake, broom, hoe etc. This little beauty will come in very handy. No need to rely on the wrist and forearm to maneuver a hand tool anymore. The handle is easy to attach and provides increased torque.
Garden trowels, hoes, rakes and most small tools have straight handles and that forces the wrist to twist forward as you grip the tool. When the wrist is twisted forward, the grip strength of the hand is reduced by approximately 50%.
- For people with disabilities who are unable to grip a standard handle too. Reduces hand a wrist strain associated with mopping, sweeping or raking action.
- People with one arm, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome/Repetitive Motion Injury, Hand Injuries, Prosthetic Limbs etc. After a stroke, amputation, arthritis or other arm limitation it is nearly impossible to use hand tools.
- Ergonomic design.
- Easy to attach to any handle 3/4 to 1 inch in diameter.
- Two stainless steel clamps included.
Use the RoboHandle with: Water hoses, Fruit harvester, Watering wands, Brooms, Rakes, Shovels, Garden trowels, Wire brushes, Dust mops, Scrub brushes, Pressure washer wands, Putty knives, Paint scrapers, Garden hoes, Dust pans, Mops, Squeegees, Kitchen utensils…. You name it!Click Here: to see the RoboHandle Ergonomic Tool Handle on Amazon
Rolling Garden Seat with Turnbar
Rolling Garden Work Seats allow gardeners with back problems or other impairments to complete tasks from a comfortable seated position. For activities such as weeding, pruning etc… It beats having to kneel on the ground! This is one of the best Rolling Garden Seats on the market as it’s very sturdy and the seat can rotate 360 degrees.
- Adjustable seat height up to 18″ and a 360 degree swivel seat for a comfortable working position
- Under seat storage area
- Has a rear basket for additional storage
- 10″ pneumatic tires for rough terrain
- Front wheel steering bar for guiding the seat as it rolls
For people with conditions like:
Aging, Amputation, Ankle Pain, Arthritis, Back Pain, Balance issues, CP, Fatigue, Fibromyalgia, Foot Pain, Heart Disease, Herniated Disc, Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement, Knee Pain, Leg Amputation, Lower Extremity Impairments, MS, Neuropathy, Obesity, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.Click Here: to see what others are saying about the Rolling Garden Seat
The handicap gardening tools mentioned in this review have unique features and functions that facilitate enhanced gardening. These adaptive tools are readily available so people can work independently in the garden. (If you want to call gardening actual work!!! I don’t… I love it so much!). These are just some of the adaptive tools available, and I might do a follow up with other tools for disabled people if there is enough interest. So let me know. Now, everyone get out there and start gardening!